[vlc] Re: Transcoding not working in 0.8.0-test2

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Wed Oct 20 15:15:55 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 14:43, James Burns wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been playing around with vlm streaming different files. I wanted
> to upgrade to 0.8.0-test2 to mess around with the new rtsp server.
> However after upgrading transcoding doesn't work anymore. It's highly
> likely to be a library problem, but the same set of other packages
> works with 0.7.2 with transcoding.
> I started with the livna packages with 0.7.1, then I installed the
> packages from the 0.7.2 packages that were required for 0.7.2
> installation. Transcoding works fine with 0.7.2 at this point. Then I
> updated libdvdnav, the only upgrade required by 0.8.0 and installed
> 0.8.0. At this point transcoding no longer works. vlc crashes with a
> segfault after the following. The full log is attached. Thanks in
> advance for any help.

I would guess that it is a problem with the ffmpeg lib you are using.
You will need something quite recent.

Another thing of interest if you plan to try the RTSP server support, pause
won't work when transcoding. It crashes ffmpeg because for some reasons it
doesn't like when the frame timestamps have a gap in them (at least for
mp4v encoding).

--
Gildas