[vlc] Re: videolan as Video On Demand solution

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Oct 22 13:08:53 CEST 2004

Dat ging over de list :)

VLC contains a VLM part. This is a special part in the core that allows
for multiple streams at the same time, as well as things as scheduling
etc. One of the new features that have just become available in this
area is RTSP VoD for instance. Now this is all still quite experimental
and fresh, but in the basics it seems to work pretty well so far. It's
still quite complicated to setup now, but some basic documentation is
here
http://developers.videolan.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/vlc/doc/vlm.txt?
rev=1.3&root=VideoLAN&view=log

So what this means is that you can be one of the first to make proper
use of it :)

DJ

On 22 okt 2004, at 12:10, Jechiam Gural wrote:
> vraag evt ook aan die derk jan wat de status is, hij studeert in
> twente en is een actieve developer....
>
> Groet Jechiam
>

> At 11:23 AM 10/22/2004, you wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to know if it is possible to use Videolan (vlc?, vls ?)
>> as Video On Demand solution. This would be a sort of replacement of
>> Kasenna Server. I want to use it for streaming MPEG2-PS files .
>>
>> Can anybody tell me more about this?
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Jeroen H.

---