[vlc] Re: Opening vlc vod (vlm) with other players like realplayer etc

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Oct 22 14:10:11 CEST 2004

WMP doesn't have TRUE RTSP support as far as i understand, only if you
install special filters.
Real should work, but we are probably not sending some specific
information that Real would like.
QuickTime Player should be best in this case, since it has the most
lenient and correct implementation of RTSP I think, though i'm not sure
if it can handle MPEG2 RTSP.

The best way to test RTSP support would be using MPEG4 video with aac
audio, since this is something that should be supported by at least QTP
and Real.

DJ

On 22 okt 2004, at 13:44, Jeroen Heijhoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if it is possible to open a rtsp stream, created bij
> vlc vod server,
> just by clicking a browser path. The problem I had was that other
> players,
> windows media player and realplayer, couldn't connect with the vlc vod
> server when I tried this...
> I'm sure I setup vlm well, cause vlc DID play the rtsp stream.
>
> so I don't think it is a codec problem.
>
> Anybody can tell me more about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeroen H