[vlc] Re: Mpeg2 file plays in QT & MPlayer but not VLC?

Matthew Neilson matt at gneilson.plus.com
Sat Oct 23 14:57:13 CEST 2004

On 23 Oct 2004, at 12:08, Benjamin PRACHT wrote:
> ffmpegX may allow you to remux he stream.
>
> --
> BigBen

Good idea. I tried demuxing and then remuxing the file, but for some
reason ffmpegX had trouble understanding the *.mp2 file it had created
when demultiplexing the original file. No problem, I thought, I'll just
convert the mp2 to a wav file and try again. Strangely enough, ffmpegX
proceeded to take this wav file, re-convert it to a mp2 file and
attempted to remux the two. Unfortunately, it got through about 7MB of
remuxing before exiting due to "too many frame drops". Oh well...

I'm going to have a look at some other ways of fixing this file, and
I'll report back if I have any success. In the meantime, if anyone has
any other suggestions then please let me know! Cheers,

-Matt