[vlc] VLC an Win XPsp2

Zbigniew Krasicki Zbigniew.Krasicki at kimball.com
Mon Oct 25 11:25:37 CEST 2004

Hallo,

I was install last version (official) 0.7.2 and for a test run (from zip
file) test version 0.8.

Both of it was work correctly on my computer (Windows Xp home SP1, P4
2GHz, 512MB RAM, gForce IV 440, mother board on VIA chipset) but after
remove Freedvd codec and, Fraunhofer DVD filter, ffdshow (on this
computer was been installed but just removed "Cliprex DVD Player" and
"power DVD Player"). Is possible any really conflict between this
codec's and VLC because when listed codec's was been installed the VLC
didn't work smoothly?

Yesterday I was installing Windows Xp SP2 on my computer. And VLC stop
work correctly. They stop work and when I check system load was been
used around 50% CPU power.

Did VLC was been tested with Win XP sp2?

Is any program for codec conflict testing?

Regards,

 Zbigniew Krasicki

  Zbigniew Krasicki