[vlc] Re: Using VLC to trancode media for cellphones.

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Thu Oct 28 14:16:32 CEST 2004

On that A925 the player should be Packet Video Player (maybe version
3.3).
You can make an easy check, just sniff the "user agent" field which
comes with any RTSP request.

>I know it supports .3gp files and .mp4 files but I don't know
>what level of mpeg-4 or how it has to be muxed.

Maybe this specs can help you:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/26_series/26.234/

You are not trying RTSP/RTP streaming, right?
If you want to play files, to me, the problem is in the file format and
not in the codecs.
I know quicktime pro can produce playable files for cell phones, but I
am not able to do that with VLC, so please let me know if you succeed!
:-P

WFR,
Claudio