[vlc] Codecs questions

Eric NICOLAS nicolas00 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 2 17:34:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

Thanks to all for VLC which is a wonderfull player, I use it daily on MacOSX and it works fine (except for minor glitches with the MacOSX audio system, but not a biggy).

I have a question regarding streaming and v.o.d.

What is currently your best codec for doing video streaming assuming VideoLan as server and VLC as client) ? (Which for video, which for audio, which container).

I heared H.264 is really ahead of other codecs in term of quality vs bandwidth. How does that relate to your best supported codec ? Is there any plan for supporting H.264 as well ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Eric.