[vlc] A question includes VLC-Mozilla-Streaming???

Eray BALAT rayesteq at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 17:04:43 CEST 2004

  Hi everrybody;

I finally setup VLC and its plugin for my Linux.I have a server which shows different jpeg's in an order.What i want to do is, at end of my jpeg files I want to (to show ofcourse) add a small video file and watch all these stuff ( video and the pictures ) from mozilla.

First question is (I know this not the right place but maybe someone knows) :

  For example in IE can show the pictures without a delay but in mozilla I have to wait almost 1 -2 seconds.While this is going on Mozilla shows me a black screen?

Second question : Do I have to install a VLS  on my  Server for showing this video?Because when I add this video file, Mozilla crashes when the turn comes to video?I think VLC doesnt start straeming or caching(whatever you say I don't know) anyway Do you have any idea?

(Ps:I use a javaScript to show the pictures.In every 5 seconds it freshs the browser and when I want to show my file i wrote an embeded HTML code and I give this htm. file for the purpose of playing the video in the browser. )

I am very  grateful your patiance and helpful..Thank You

ERAY BALAT