[vlc] Re: [ANN] VLC 0.8.0-test1

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Thu Sep 9 10:30:07 CEST 2004

On 08 sep 2004, at 01:57, Bob Cannard wrote:
> Okay...
>
> Second screen output on MacOSX is broken - it just gives a
> black screen. The Quartz option has disappeared from the
> preferences; on 0.7.2 this was essential for second screen
> output. The video device submenu no longer works. These are
> show-stoppers.

titer, bigben? any of you have a 2nd screen setup? I sure don't...

opengl and quartz is now chosen by selecting either mac or opengl from
'Preferences->Video->Video Output module". The opengl has been brought
to a lower level platform...

> The "Use DVD Menus" option is also broken. "Tokyo Godfathers"
> went straight into Play without going to the menu. "Crying
> Freeman" went into the menu but it wasn't possible to select
> anything. VLC crashed when I tried to run the next volume.
> "Voices of a Distant Star" also went into the menu but
> wouldn't allow anything to be selected. Basically unusable.
>
> Very disappointing; it didn't even get to first base.

Error messages? debug messages from View->Messages?

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)
http://home.student.utwente.nl/d.hartman