[vlc] Using h/w support for MPEG decoding

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Thu Sep 16 21:57:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

Is there any any hardware (video card or dedicated MPEG-2 decoder or
anything else) that I can install in my PC that will reduce the load
on the CPU when decoding a high-def video stream (.ts or .trp files)?
This is for a Windows XP PC, if that makes any difference.

I know that some of the HDTV tuner cards have h/w decoding but they
have their own players. I want to continue to use VLC and take benefit
of any h/w acceleration.

I have asked this question in a different way before and never really
got a definite answer. Maybe there is no answer but it would really
help to know that too.

Thanks for vlc and for any help with this.

Regards,
Harshal