[vlc] Re: OT: Booting a Pace DSL4000

James Burns jfburns at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:52:06 CEST 2004

I'm trying to use NFS to load something to get it decoding MPEG. I
don't have the Pace Baseline so I may be stuck, which would be
unfortunate since they're unlikely to let me have it for a more than
reasonable amount of money I'm guessing. I managed to get it to load
the netbsd/acorn32 bootload and drop into BASIC from there, but that
really doesn't get me too far. If what has been said about the binary
MPEG driver being necessary, I may have just aquired a somewhat
expensive paperweight. Oh well. I really would like to develop some
applications with these things, but I'm not a large company or service
provider and I don't have lots of cash, so that may not be happening.

-James