[vlc] modest question

Gigi Bigio bigio80 at cheapnet.it
Tue Apr 5 13:14:08 CEST 2005

Dear Sirs,

I have downloaded and installed Videolan (vlc.exe). I simply am a final user and I was told that Videolan, among other features, also allows to preview files partially downloaded or while they are being downloaded with programmes like Emule. Is this true?
And if it is how does it work? This will help me to preview some old black and white movies I'd like to download and check in advance if they really are what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help you may want to give me.

G. Bigio