[vlc] Re: How to use libvlc ?

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Apr 13 14:25:21 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 12:42:09PM +0200, Christophe Schreiber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use VideoLan in another simple application (my goal is to
> launch and control the main functions of VLC through this application),
> but I don't know how to link Libvlc with my files.
> My problem is that I'm not very familiar with gcc (I'm using cygwin), so
> I have troubles to compile my application...
> For the moment, my application is only a simple MyApp.cpp file, inspired
> from vlc.c.
>
> Can someone explain me how to use libvlc please ?
> Thank you
Compiling vlc should create a script called vlc-config. Running this script
should output parameters that you can pass to gcc when compiling code that
uses libvlc.

Examples:
vlc-config --cxxflags external
This command outputs flags that should be passed to gcc when compiling c++
files that use libvlc.

vlc-config --libs external
This command outputs flags that should be passed to gcc when linking an
application that uses libvlc.

Sigmund

> Christophe Schreiber

Sigmund Augdal