[vlc] Re: Problem with Debian vlc /wxlvc

Robin Cosby robin at cosby.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 16:14:13 CEST 2005

Sigmund Augdal wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 02:00:46PM +0100, Robin Cosby wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>I have installed on my Linux i386 box (kernel version 2.6.9) the Debian
>>vlc and wxlvc packages (both are version 0.8.1.srn.20050314), but when
>>trying to run either "vlc" or "wxlvc" I receive the messages below.
>>
>>I'll be most grateful for any help in resolving this problem.
>>

>Either uninstall the nivida-driver, or remove all vlc plugins that have "gl" in
>their name.
>
>Sigmund

Hello Sigmund,

Very many thianks for your helpful response to my enquiry.

Following your advice, I removed the plugins: libopengl_plugin.so,
libglx_plugin.so and libugly_resampler_plugin.so.  VLC is now running..
There's just an initial message that "Service "org.freedesktop.Hal" does
not exist".

The only shortcoming is that there are small intermittent breaks in the
sound.  Is there anything that can be done about this?

Apart from that, I think that VLC is a great program and enjoy using it
very much.

Renewed thanks,

Robin