[vlc] edje

Mindaugas Musnikas m.musnikas at lrtc.lt
Wed Apr 20 07:20:54 CEST 2005

Hello,

we want to use VLC as a client for our video multicasting service. The multicast stream is provided in two ways: by using "edje-3050" box or by using Dektec's DTA-120 ASI card. Both devices encapsulates the same MPEG-2 stream into IP packets and multicasts this stream. MPEG-2 stream is produced by professional MPEG-2 encoders. VLC palyer correctly decodes multicast stream generated by  DTA-120  ASI card. Unsucessfully the stream from "edje-3050" can not be correctly decoded. We contacted edje support, but they recommended to use hardware IP set-top-boxes arguing that VLC can not correctly handle some headers added by edje-3050. Is it true?. Maybe there are some settings in VLC to solve this problem? IP set-top-boxes like Amino decodes both streams correctly. Thank tou in advance.