[vlc] transcoding yet keeping the original question

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 23:00:26 CEST 2005

Hello, all ...

Can VLC transcode an audio stream and still keep the original?  In
other words, I have a PS (mpgv, mpga) and I would like to make a TS
(mpgv, a52, as well as mpga), the idea being that the STB / PC client
can choose which audio PID to play depending on its' capabilities.
I've seen (and used) the transcoding features of VLC, but i've only
seen them replace the track with the transcoded track, not add the
transcoded track to the program.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New album, "Touch", available now
http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you
** now available on iTunes, doncha know **