[vlc] Re: vlc options on a windows box

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 04:14:04 CEST 2005

Hi Keir.  Glad you got it working....I spent the better part of this
past weekend figuring out that same thing.  My command line ended up
resembling this:

"C:\Program Files\VideoLan\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv --noaudio --time-format
"%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S MST" --time-x 1 --time-y 1 --time-size 12
--time-position 5 --time-color 0 --time-opacity 255 dshow://
vdev="Logitech QuickCam Zoom" adev="none" size="320 x 240"
--sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=96,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=2,sfilter=time}:duplicate{dst=std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:8081},dst=std{access=file,mux=asf{title="
Office: reception",author="David",comment="Created with VLC -
www.videolan.org/vlc"},url="C:\CameraStreams\testvid.asf"}}

     I'm streaming in ASF format so it's viewable in a remote Windows
Media player (the only mux I could get to work for Windows Media
player).  The stream is also duplicated to a file for archival
purposes.
     Out of curiosity, where did you place the startup .bat file ?
There appears to be no autoexec.bat file in XP, but there's an
autoexec.nt instead, though placing my line there didn't help at all.
How did you reference it in your setup?

David