[vlc] Re: Audio Cross fading

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue Aug 16 13:28:30 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005, Gary Carter wrote :
>  Has anyone done any work with crossfading between two consecutive audio
> files in a playlist being played by VLC?
> How would/could this be accomplished?

The problem with cross fading is that it requires several independant
inputs to be read at the same time. A single instance of VLC cannot do
that. That would certainly be achievable using VLM, that would
instantiate serveral inputs and the same kind of tricks we use for
the mosaic filter. However, this wouldn't be very user friendly...

--
BigBen