[vlc] Re: AVC plugin

Luis Fernando Heckler lfheckler at ig.com.br
Thu Aug 25 23:21:35 CEST 2005

Using the newest versions of ffmpeg and live.com and compiling the
newest source of VLC, VLC can play an Apple H264 multicast streaming,
aka AVC (H264 codec and H264 packetizer).

We have a Power Mac G5 with Quicktime Broadcaster streaming live video
with 720x480 (30fps), and we are using VLC as a player. At now there are
some problens: sometimes the video stop, or audio starving, but I think
that is a bug that can be adjusted with compilation.

We are trying to decrease the player delay ( < 1s when using multicast
). Using Apple Streaming Server and unicast connection the delay is >
10s :-( This is terrible to live streaming with interaction and video
return.

Luis F. Heckler