[vlc] VLC-0.8.1 on FC2

keerthi.priyadharshini at wipro.com keerthi.priyadharshini at wipro.com
Thu Dec 1 11:34:17 CET 2005

Hi

I've installed VLC-0.8.1 on FC2(from rpms). WHen i go to File-->wizard,I see the following at the command prompt :

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkgc.c: line 689 (gdk_gc_set_clip_rectangle): assertion `gc != NULL' failed.

Could someone tell me what the above means? I'm not able to play any .mpg files either. When i go to File-->Quick Open File and select a .mpg file,nothing happens. The playlist lists the file I'm trying to play but shows nil duration against it. I'm want to stream live video from a Logitech webcam using VLC to another machine. Could someone  direct me on this??

Keerthi

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately