[vlc] Re: control VLC via telnet with PHP

IronFog ironfog at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 20:39:27 CET 2005

thanks for the input.

I already built most stuff for the web interface.

And I 'll figure how to use PHP for telnet .

The only thing I'm stuck with is how to control VCL through telnet .

here is a command I use to launch vlc :

vlc.exe --extraintf=http "playlist.m3u" -f  -I telnet --telnet-password
videolan --telnet-port 4212

My questions are -
 how do I manage playback with the telnet
 ( play,
pause,
stop ,
play next item ,
play previous item,
fetch playback status to show it on the webpage,
fetch currently played item's MRL .
etc.
)
 thanks again.