[vlc] Re: How to stream Multicast IPv6 on RTP? it suported by VLC?

Rui Manuel Ferreira Bernardo ruizzito at sapo.pt
Thu Dec 15 23:27:08 CET 2005

Hi again.

I did what you suggest me, and i saw an RTP package. But etheral doesn?t show
me the entire package. Only appear the version field (01.. .... = Version:
First draft Version(1)) and nothing else. Is this a bug? (i had put this
question on ethereal forum)

I have another question: what?s the version of RTP that vlc implements?

thanks again.
(sorry my mistakes)

Citando Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org>:

> Le Jeudi 15 Décembre 2005 13:09, Rui Manuel Ferreira Bernardo a écrit :
> > It is possible to transport RTP in UDP Multicast IPv6?
> > VLC suport this feature?
>
> Yes.
>
> > i?m doing some test with multicast IPv6, and view the package in
> > ethereal. I see IPv6-UDP, but i dont?t found RTP package.
>
> If you don't tell Ethereal to the « Decode as » RTP, it won't do it
> automatically. That doesn't mean it's not working. Also I doubt that
> ff16::/16 defined at the moment. AFAIK, none of the IPv6 multicast
> flags are currently defined.
>
> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont
> http://www.simphalempin.com/home/