[vlc] Re: Using set_str_variable

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Sat Dec 17 03:35:03 CET 2005

Hi

Trying using 0.8.4a Mozilla-plugin get_str_variable(), I found it to return garbage.

A javascript like this is used to retrieve the variable.

aspect = document.vlc_player.get_str_variable('aspect-ratio');

I also tried to do

   document.vlc_player.set_str_variable('aspect-ratio', '16:9');

or

     document.vlc_player.set_str_variable('conf::aspect-ratio', '16:9');

seems to have no effect at all and reading it back only returns garbage.

Anybody tried that ?

Kind regards

Peter Maersk-Moller