[vlc] Re: problem reading wmv

Jeremy Monnet jmonnet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:06:59 CET 2005

On 12/19/05, Antoine Cellerier <dionoea at videolan.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005, Jeremy Monnet wrote:
> > I am trying to read to vmw's from
> > http://assemblee-nationale.fr/seance/questions-differe.asp
> > For example in vlc I open stream > http/https/ftp/mms, I enter the url
> > mms://wmt-vod.event.oleane.net/assemblee/wmv/051214.wmv (first video
> > link)
>
> Works fine here using VLC on debian linux. The first 15 seconds don't
> show any video though. Could you try with a nightly build from
> http://nightlies.videolan.org ?
>
> --

Yes, it's a good idea, now I can read the stream (more than 8 s anyway
:-) ), and save it to a file on-the-fly (using windows right now, but
will switch back to linux very soon).

Thanks very much for this good advice ! :-)

Jeremy
--
Linux Registered User #317862
Linux From Scratch Registered User #16571