[vlc] Re: How RTP timestamps are used by VLC

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Feb 1 22:08:21 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:12:40PM -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> >VLC can also read ts in rtp through the livedotcom module. This is much
> >less
> >stable and can probably cause the problems described. You should try to
> >make
> >vlc not use the livedotcom module for ts streams.
>
> Excuse me, but in what way is the 'livedotcom' module 'much less stable'?

I might have meen a bit inpresice here, what I wanted to say is that there
are known issues with mpeg2 ts over rtp using the livedotcom module. This is
most likely because this needs a highly experimental demux chaining code
from vlc's core. This code isn't used anywhere else as far as I know.

I did not mean to say that the livedotcom module in general unstable, and
even less anything about live.com libraries.

Hope this clears the air about that.

Sigmund