[vlc] Re: Sound Problem on TV out

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue Feb 1 23:16:21 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005, :- wrote :
> Hallo VLC Team,
>
> First, mutch Tanks for Develop the VLC Software,  great Work !
>

> My Problem:
>
> No Sound if I play a Stream from my TV-Card
>
> //dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture"
> :dshow-adev="NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio" :dshow-size="" :no-dshow-config
> :dshow-tuner
>
> I have the Hauppauge PVR-150mec  (includet in some of the MS Media
> Center Editions PC's)
>
> I know it`s should be tricky to run this Card, it heart the Sound is
> packt in the Mpeg Stream?
> I'm absolutly not confirm with this Stuff :-)

That should be the case indeed

> If I build a Graf, and run this then I have Picture ans Sound well. But
> I have to do this over the
> (HW) ""Hauppauge WinTV88x Mpeg Encoder". There I have on Pin "I2S" I
> have Audio over the
> Crossbar, and on Pin "656" I can take the Video.
>
> Is it possilbe to connect this Encoder whit VLC ?
>
> The Device Crossbar shows me in CLV that the Related Pin 7 are Audio
> Tuner In,
> and the Related Pin:1 are Audio Decoder Out, the Feature "Link Related
> Stream"
> I can switcht on, but nothing happends.

Well, I never tryed the PVR-150mec, but other cards from Haupauge with
comparable functionalities (PVR250/350) play quite well with the current
developpement version of the VLC. You need to set the sound device in
the proprieties of the video card (the "Audio device name" option is
ignored). Fir that, you need to choose the "Device proprieties" checkbox
before choosing ok. A popup allowing to set different option, including
the audio source should appear...

--
BigBen