[vlc] Re: vlc with Java thread problem

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sat Feb 5 17:52:23 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005, Pedro Lorente/UPC wrote :
> Hello,
>
>         At first, thanks for your answer Benjamin, but I'm still have the
> same problem, I compile the videolan with this command line:
>
> ./configure --disable-plugins
> --with-mad-tree=../vlc_install/libmad-0.15.1b/
> --with-ffmpeg-tree=../vlc_install/ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1
> --with-libmpeg2-tree=../vlc_install/mpeg2dec-0.4.0/ --disable-wxwindows
> --disable-skins2
> make
>
> It doesn't get me any error, but when I test my software it's  fail with
> the same output:
>
> VLC media player 0.8.1 Janus
> [00000188] main interface error: no suitable intf module
> [00000001] main vlc error: interface "rc,none" initialization failed
> [00000190] dummy interface: Using the dummy interface module...
> signal 2 received, terminating vlc - do it again in case it gets stuck

Well, the rc interface needs a termial to start. I guess it fails
here since there is no available when being started through the java
Appication. You should try the --rc-fake-tty option, or another iterface
(http for instance), or bind the rc interface to a tcp or unix socket
(--rc-unix or --rc-host options)

--
BigBen