[vlc] Re: STB compatible with VLC and MPEG4

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Tue Feb 15 19:35:21 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 04:19:53AM -0500, Paul Rae wrote:

> I cant answer some of the questions that have been raised on this
> thread without a NDA in place.

Sounds interesting!  I just re-read the thread and, honestly, can _not_
find any question that is worth a NDA.  Are you really serious with your
requirement for a NDA just to answer questions like "does your product
support feature XYZ"?

A friend of mine complained that he was asked for signing a NDA just to
_buy_ your product.  I did not believe him.  Now you finally convinced
me.

> I can assure you the 120 is a real product and shipping in low volumes
> to some customers.

Have they signed a NDA?

> Again speak to our Sales guys, they can give you the whole Sales pitch and
> potentially sort out samples.

With or without NDA?

--
No software patents!