[vlc] vlc plays high noise instead of expected sound or chrashes :(

Cor Lem builder at cursus.homelinux.org
Fri Feb 18 14:04:03 CET 2005

Hello,

I've been using vlc for some time and I am very content with it.
Yesterday I bought a new mainboard, processor and memmory. I installed
all software withouth any problem.

  When I play (for instance) a mp3 with winamp I hear sound as aspected,
but when I play the same (or any other) mp3 with vlc I only hear a 'high
screeming noise'.

The same with avi / mpg that play with no problem on my other (older)
machines with also win98-II.

vlc-player on my new system eather makes 'screeming noise' or chrashes ...

The mainboard is a:
PcChips M863G V1.5 with onboard sound, lan and vga
On it I have a AMD Sempron 2400 1,667 Ghz, socket A

I'm using the latest vlc, version 0.8.1

Any more info I can provide ?

Any tips / pointers on how to fix or debug this are greatly apreciated

Greetz,
Cor