[vlc] Re: How to use "VLM" commands?

Julien LAFAIX jix at via.ecp.fr
Sun Feb 20 01:28:27 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005, Anderson Lin wrote :
> Dear Sir,
> Can you show me how to use "VLM(video Lan manager)" commands such as "new", "setup", "control"?   I am use VLC version 7.2 on Windows 2000 System. The document which show on web site is not very clearly. I did see some commands on the web site as following, but I do not know how to get it.
>

> new channel1 broadcast enabled
> setup channel1 input http://host.mydomain/movie.mpeg
> setup channel1 output #standard{mux=tx,access=udp,ur.=239.255.1.1,sap, name="Channel 1"}
>
> control channel1 play

Be careful that the corect syntax is
{mux=ts,access=udp,url=...,name="..."}

With vlc-0.7.2 you have to launch the vlc with the telnet interface
activated (vlc --extraintf telnet). Then you connect to the vlc with "telnet localhost 4212". The default password is admin.

You enter the command lines in the telnet interface and then you can
connect on the client side with "vlc udp:@239.255.1.1" or with the
playlist if you use the sap interface.

--
Jix