[vlc] VLC Player and UPnP MediaServers

Pierre Lagrange pierre at plinux75.com
Tue Feb 22 12:11:46 CET 2005

Hi VLC list,

I'm working on a big test/article concerning the emerging
MediaServer/MediaPlayer market. And I want to talk about the Microsoft
Media Center alternatives.

By now, I'm working on some tests with the TwonkyVision MediaServer
(http://www.twonkyvision.de/), that is available for Win, Mac, Linux and
some embedded NAS devices. I have some client devices for testing, for
example D-Link DSM-320, and soon Netgear MS115, but I would like to use
a software client. And why not VLC player, also available on multiple
platforms.

Sometime ago, I could find some information about an UPnP plugin for
VLC, but no way to get it.

Waiting for your thoughts...
TIA
--