[vlc] Re: MacOSX developer offer

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Feb 23 12:26:23 CET 2005

We at least could use your help with some things for sure.

1: Turn all your volumes down to a low volume to make sure you don't
accidently damage them with noise (low-risk, but i don't wanna take any
changes)
2: plug in stereo speakers/headphones
3: test stereo file
4: test AC3/dolby file/dvd (this should give noise, VLC selects an
incorrect output mode it appears (SPDIF). This needs to be solved if
you could assist/do this that would be very good)

Now if you happen to have a dolby set and can get a SPDIF connection
setup.
5: test stereo again
6: test AC3/dolby file/dvd again.

I'm very interested in what works and what doesn't these days, i'm
sorta lost in all the user reports.
Please use the current development version btw.
http://www.videolan.org/~videolan

Also if you want to build VLC yourself see:
http://developers.videolan.org/vlc

And if you need to talk to us, we are often on IRC indeed.
WEBIRC: http://www.videolan.org/cgi-bin/irc/irc.cgi

greetings DJ

On 22 feb 2005, at 21:54, Benjamin PRACHT wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2005, Eric Nicolas wrote :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a C / C++ developer and the happy owner of a PowerMac G5.
>> I was looking into core audio developement recently and found out in
>> the
>> Apple mailing lists that you guys are lacking manpower in this area.
>>
>> Maybe I could help ?
>> If so, can someone contact me in private so that we can discuss what /
>> who
>> to proceed ? Thanks. (And, a note: I am natively french speaking,
>> so...).
>>

> Hi,
>
> First of all, thanks a lot for your proposal... We are really looking
> for OSX developpers in general, and particularly with someone with
> knowledge of coreaudio.
>
> The best way to contact us is certainly IRC (#videolan on
> irc.freenode.net). We are mostly there in the evening CET. If you have
> more specific issues, vlc-devel at videolan.org is the mailing list for
> questions on vlc's development.
>
> Hope to see you soon on IRC...
>
> --