[vlc] using VLC to play and save to hard disk a SVCD (OSX)

Lizzie Higginson Lizzi at inorbit.com
Wed Feb 23 15:23:08 CET 2005

Hi,

I made a Super Video CD on an eMac using Toast (6.0).  The eMac and all
the raw materials used to make the SVCD were recently stolen and I am
now trying to play this SVCD on a new iBook (OSX 10.3.5) using  the VLC
media player (0.8.1).  Unfortunately, although the SVCD appears to play
fine it flashes up an error message at the end of the movie saying that

"an error has occurred which probably prevented the execution of my
request, namely to save the played SVCD as a file on my hard disk"

Seeing that the VLC player does not actually offer SVCD I chose "VCD"
to play my SCVD movie.  Is there anything you can suggest whereby I can
get an editable version of my SVCD onto my iBook hard drive ?