[vlc] HTTP Digest Authentication

Ted Pennings ted at hostleft.com
Sat Feb 26 12:48:18 CET 2005

Hi!

I'm wondering if it's possible for VLC to authenticate over HTTP using
digest?

TiVo released a new firmware version that includes a web server to
access recordings. It would be very cool if VLC could stream these
files, as TiVo desktop only supports this feature on Windows. My
apologies if this question has already been addressed; I just joined :D

I'm not even sure what format these files are, as I haven't had the
guts to download a 1 gig file I don't know will even play, nor have I
been able to stream it. Has anyone tried this?  I am running Mac OS
10.3.8 and my TiVo is a series two.

Thanks,

-Ted