[vlc] Re: Problems with GPE interface (segfaults)

Stefano Salvi stefano at salvi.mn.it
Thu Jan 6 09:37:43 CET 2005

Jean-Paul Saman ha scritto:
> Hi stefano,
>
> A few questions about how you trigger this problem:
>
> Try starting VLC from the GUI?
> Or is this behaviour only when starting from a shell?
> If it is a shell, then are you trying to run it over an ssh connection
> with your workstation?
If I try to start vlc from common user:
- Trying to start from the interface shows nothing (segfaults before
showing anything).
- Starting from rxvt from the iPAQ segfaults with the message reportes
in previous post
- Statying from a SSH terminal segfaults the same way.

If I try the same actions from root, all goes well, except for the
GRK-CRITICAL.

Also, if I play mp3s or videos from the RC command line interface all
works well, also from normal user.

I have to note that, as suggested in the familiar mailing list, as the
version of libexpat doesn't match, I made a link from libexpat.so.0 to
libexpat.so.1 (familiar GPE v0.8.0 has that version of libexpat).

Thank you
	Steefano