[vlc] Re: Audio eats memory when PTS is not stable

Cedric.Marodon at alumni.enseeiht.fr Cedric.Marodon at alumni.enseeiht.fr
Fri Jan 7 06:51:02 CET 2005

Maybe you can try to fix the memory leak with this part of code in
waveout.c Open function() :

/* Calculate the frame size in bytes */
p_aout->output.i_nb_samples = FRAME_SIZE;
#ifdef WINCE
/* Check the buffer size -- minimum of 1/4 second (word aligned) */
if ( p_aout->output.i_nb_samples < (p_aout-output.output.i_rate/4) )
     p_aout->output.i_nb_samples = ((p_aout->output.output.i_rate/4)+10)&~3;
//p_aout->output.i_nb_samples = ((p_aout->output.output.i_rate/4)+3)&~3;
#endif
aout_FormatPrepare( &p_aout->output.output );
#ifdef WINCE
p_aout->output.output.i_frame_length = p_aout->output.i_nb_samples;
p_aout->output.p_sys->i_buffer_size = p_aout->output.i_nb_samples *
     p_aout->output.output.i_bytes_per_frame;
#else
p_aout->output.p_sys->i_buffer_size = FRAME_SIZE *
     p_aout->output.output.i_bytes_per_frame;
#endif

In the Windows CE API, the waveout buffer length must contain at least a
number of samples equal to a quarter second. If VLC asks for a smaller
buffer, the minimal length is allocated and each buffer will not be free
correctly.

Another memory leak found : do not forget to see if p_in is freed in ugly
or linear audio resampler !

Hope this help ^_^

MixerAnderson