[vlc] Mozilla plugin for Mac ?

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at optimalstream.net
Fri Jan 7 13:43:44 CET 2005

Hi.

I had the impression that VLC had a Mozilla plugin for Mac X, but
that it was missing some functionality compared to the plugin for
Win/Linux.

According to http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/todo.html#t22

   Finish Mac Mozilla plugin

   Difficulty: Medium Urgency: Normal Platform:Mac OS X
   The Mac mozilla plugin needs some more work to be useable. Basic funtionality
   is working. However the video-output part needs some more work since it was
   crashing. See svn history for the old code.

Does anyone know how to install it ? On Win/Linux you have to copy
the dll/so and the xpt file to Mozilla/plugins/ and Mozilla/components,
but I'm not really sure what to do on Mac and (not being a Mac expert)
I don't seem to be able to find these files in the VLC Mac OSX
binary distribution. Anybody who know how and what to do ?

Kind regards

--PMM