[vlc] Re: AVI muxer gone?

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Jan 12 12:10:46 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:04:02PM +0100, Philippe De Neve wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> where is the AVI format encapsulation option?
> How can I save an encoded MPEG-4 AVC file to AVI?
The avi muxer never worked well, and over time it grew more and more broken,
and noone showed any interrest i repairing it. We figured it would be really
bad if people continued to generate broken files with vlc, so we removed the
muxer. So the simple answer to your question is that you don't. At least not
with vlc. Try mp4 in stead.

Sigmund