[vlc] Re: playing .sub files

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Jan 14 15:44:07 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005, Keith wrote :
> Hi, I usually don't have any trouble playing subtitles with videolan, but I have here a .sub and .idx file, and videolan isn't recognizing either one of them. And vob sub will not come up either when I open videolan. With other players the subtitles play fine, but I prefer videolan.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Check that your have the lates version of VLC (vobsubs can only be read
with a version > 0.8.0). If you are already using such a version, please
send us the content of the view->messages panel when trying to open the
file. Please also check if the subtitle track isn't present in the
video->subtitles menu, but disabled.

--
BigBen