[vlc] VLC Shuts my Computer Down

Manydeth Try MTry at lbusd.k12.ca.us
Wed Jan 19 19:00:43 CET 2005

I have a problem, and I cna't find a solution to it.

My operating system is Win XP.
Pentium 4
512 RAM

I recently installed VLC Player 0.8.1 onto my desktop. I did this to my
Win XP Laptop and it works great. But when I installed it into my
desktop, it didn't work. The problem occurs exactly like this:  Once
installed I open/run the VLC Player. The file I use to view is an AVI
file. The VLC lo0ads the file, then after about 10 seconds of seeing the
file, my computer shuts down and restarts. Happens everytime I play any
file with VLC, whether it is AVI of mpeg, or etc. Once the Desktop
restarts, I get the error mesaage saying that the Computer just
recovered from a serious error. the erroe message report details that
they are sending the error report with information from my Temp file in
my Documents~1/Users/Local~1/temp.....etc.

How do I trouble shoot this? It is frustrating.

Please help.
Thank You
Manydeth Try