[vlc] Re: Questions about VLC using two channels at the same time

Afonso Lima afonso_neto2004 at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jan 22 13:10:13 CET 2005

Hi BigBen,

I'm openning two linux terminals and in each one writing the command from videolan documentation, and only changing the number of channel on each terminal.
You've said VLC cannot open two channels from the same card at the same time. Is it true? How can I fix it? Have you ever experimented something like this?
Its not interesting for me use two cards to view only 2 cameras.

Thanks.

Afonso Lima.

Benjamin PRACHT <bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005, Afonso Lima wrote :
> Dear Team,
>
> I´m trying to use VLC under LINUX (mandrake 10.1) but there is something not working ok. When I call VLC to show the images from only one channel(input) from my video capture card it works ok. But when I call VLC to show the imagens from two channels, it show in the two windows opened only the imagens from the last channel opened.
> Should I make some call to different memory address?
> Do you have some help to give me?

What command are you using exactly ? I'm not sure VLC has already been
tryed with a V4L card able to output 2 channels at the same time...

--
BigBen