[vlc] How does it work.

Rick Davis rickdavisjr at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 05:07:20 CET 2005

I am trying to find a leak in audio buffers allocated by fileters.c. The
aout_FiltersPlay function is allocating buffers each time it is called. For
some reason, some of the buffers aren't being freed.

How does audio flow through thought VLC and who should be freeing these
buffers?

How many filter buffers should be in the queue at any time? I have seen as
many as 31 and as few as four. I would have thought the data would
eventually be copied to the mixer output buffer and the filter buffers
freed.

When VLC exits, all buffers are freed.

	Thanks,
	Rick