[vlc] Problem playing MPEG-PS files with mpeg4video

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sun Jan 23 22:30:30 CET 2005

Hi,
I wrote a new mpeg muxer for mencoder that, among the other things, can
mux mpeg4video in
mpeg-ps.
Playing back these files with vlc I observed a problem (that happen both
with and without b-frames):
when some frame doesn't have a timestamp (because very small b-frames
prevent next p-frames
that begin in the same pack to have one) vlc seems to rewind.

It seems as if vlc didn't interpolate missing timestamps from the timing
values in the video bitstream.

If needed I can upload some samples that exhibit these problem, but where?

Thanks,
    Nico