[vlc] streaming audio

Philippe De Neve Philippe.deneve at intec.ugent.be
Mon Jul 4 16:29:15 CEST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup a multicast stream from a hauppauge capture card on a
windows machine. Video is ok but there is no audio.
These are my settings: In the video device list I select the card and in the
audio device list I select my pci soundblaster (I have connected the capture
card with the audio input of the soundblaster card and I have audio on my
line out)
Next I select the 'stream output' to  setup the multicast stream: I select
UDP with adres 239.255.111.111 and enable SAP announcement.
Next I select the transcoding mp4v for video and mp3 for audio.
There is no choice for the format so MPEG TS is used. ok ok.

The problem is that there is no audio.  What could cause this or what am I
doing wrong here?

regards, Philippe.

Extra question:

Where is the RTP option to stream a video sequence? Or is RTP used when UDP
is selected (MPEG TS in RTP in UDP packets)?