[vlc] jitter and other audio problems

Luis Fernando Heckler lfheckler at ig.com.br
Tue Jul 5 18:59:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm streaming a real time video encoded by Quicktime Broadcaster, using
MPEG-4 video and audio as codec's, and playing with VLC.

First time, selecting the file streaming.sdp, VLC can't play nothing, or
video is broken, or audio is starving.
But, if I do STOP and PLAY some times, everything is ok, and I can
receive the audio and video with 0.5 seconds of delay.

But, after 1 hour of streaming, something happen, and sometimes the
audio is broken, with jitter, or audio is ok but the video is broken...

Or, other situation is: I make a very good streaming today, but
tomorrow, with the same equipament and configuration, show many problems
with audio...

Listening with Ethereal, everything is ok for me ... the Macintosh are
ok, sending the multicast packets.

So, how can I explain this?

Somebody have this problem? Is VLC unstable after some hours of
continuous transmission?

This is my SDP file:
-------------
v=0
o=- 7 760696208 IN IP4 127.0.0.0
s=QuickTime
t=0 0
a=x-qt-text-nam:Professr
a=range:npt=now-
m=audio 1234 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 230.98.142.247/128
a=rtpmap:96 mpeg4-generic/44100/1
a=fmtp:96
profile-level-id=15;mode=AAC-hbr;sizelength=13;indexlength=3;indexdeltalength=3;config=1208
a=mpeg4-esid:101
b=AS:94
m=video 1234 RTP/AVP 97
c=IN IP4 230.14.61.92/128