[vlc] Checking of CAM Slot Type

Michael Ditum mrskensington at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:43:50 CEST 2005

I was trying to get a Nexus-S v2.3 with the CI streaming a satelitte
signal to a multicast IP. When I started vlc part of the way through
the startup it would say...

CAMInit: no compatible CAM module

After a little debugging I chased it down to the following problem. On
this card/CI the caps.slot_type returns 10 which is CA_CI_LINK and
CA_DESCR combined. The problem is that the code will only use the CI
if caps.slot_type equals CA_CI_LINK.. i.e.

if ( ioctl( p_sys->i_ca_handle, CA_GET_CAP, &caps ) != 0
           || caps.slot_num == 0 || caps.slot_type != CA_CI_LINK )

when it should be ...

if ( ioctl( p_sys->i_ca_handle, CA_GET_CAP, &caps ) != 0
           || caps.slot_num == 0 || !(caps.slot_type & CA_CI_LINK) )

I've attached a patch against the latest SVN to fix this issue.

Mike