[vlc] vlc 0.8.2 problem with TS streams

GALAD77 GALAD77 at terra.es
Wed Jul 6 19:47:59 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm using vls as server and vlc as player under Debian Linux.
- vls gives no problem
- vlc (0.8.2-svn of Debian testing) gives no problem at playing a
multicast udp ts stream
- vlc latest version of videolan repository give a segmentation fault at
the moment of playing the stream
- the current release of vlc 0.8.2 happens the same, i.e, segmentation fault
- I have just tried the vlc 0.8.2 stable version of videolan with the
new libdvbpsi library (0.1.5) and it does not give a segmentation fault,
but it halts without displaying the video on the window. The last lines
I get with the -vvv option the following last lines:

[00000230] main input debug: `udp:@230.0.104.1:2001' successfully opened
[00000236] ts demuxer debug: pid[224] unknown
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 10, expected
0) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 3, expected 0)
for PID 0
[00000236] ts demuxer debug: PATCallBack called
[00000236] ts demuxer debug: new PAT ts_id=0 version=0 current_next=1
[00000236] ts demuxer debug:   * number=4626 pid=18

Any ideas why it does not show anything?
It seems the new version of libdvbpsi has helped avoiding a segmentation
fault. But something else is missing.

Thanx,
G.