[vlc] Re: Playing an IPv6 stream

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jul 6 20:40:45 CEST 2005

Le Mercredi 6 Juillet 2005 01:21, Chhaya, Harshal a écrit :
> I have an IPv6 video stream that is encapsulated in
> IPv4 packets when it is being sent to the PC. I also
> have an SDP file that supposedly tells the player the
> details of the stream.

> Do I just open the SDP file using 'File->Open file' to
> play the stream?

> And do I need to install the IPv6 stack (this is on
> WinXP) or will the IPv4 encapsulation make this
> unnecessary?

It very much depends on what you mean by "encapsulated in IPv4 packets".
If you're doing anykind of proto-41 encapsulation (ie. IPv6 over IPv4),
or any other tunneling (Teredo, PPP, etc), then yes, you need to
install the IPv6 stack, and furthermore configure decapsulation of IPv6
packets.

That is the job of the OS, not that of applications like VLC.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/