[vlc] Re: No autoplay with mozillaplugin for 0.8.2

Iván Sánchez Ortega i.sanchez at mirame.net
Tue Jul 12 17:19:53 CEST 2005

El Martes, 12 de Julio de 2005 17:13, Peter Maersk-Moller escribió:
> > <script type='text/javascript'>
> > document.getElementById('vlc_player').play();
>
> Thanks for the tip. Done that now and it works. However, under load,
> it might takes time to load the plugin, so a script calling
> the player element might fail. Don't know if I can test
> if it has loaded so the script doesn't fail. Do you ?

Maybe doing as I do sometimes: call the play() method every 2 seconds or so.
That way, you will ensure that the call succeeds at some time, *and* that VLC
will reconnect if the connection to the stream is lost (and VLC stops because
of it).

Other solution is to delay the play() method call.

Any way, have a look at the javascript "setTimeout()" function.

Regards,