[vlc] RTSP on Tiger

C. Thomas Morrison tom.morrison at email.stvincent.edu
Tue Jul 19 16:58:35 CEST 2005

I'm new to VLC and just installed 0.8.2 on Mac 10.4.2.

The application launches fine, but I get the following error message
when I try to open the referenced URL.  Do I need to install an
access module for RTSP and, if so, where do I find one?

Error message:
DESCRIBE response: RTSP/1.0 404 Not Found)
main: no suitable access module for `rtsp://video.c-span.org/15 days/
e0716_nga.rm'

rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e071605_nga.rm?mode=compact

I've tried it with and without the "?mode=compact" with no success.

The URL opens and plays fine in RealPlayer.

Thanks,
Tom Morrison
Saint Vincent College